- To develop an awareness of technological advances occurring in the field of computer science.
- To develop an understanding and appreciation for ethical behavior as it relates to information processing.
Computer Science Core Curriculum
- To provide an understanding of the theoretical foundations of computer science and the principles of algorithm design and analysis.
- To provide an understanding of the principles of implementation and documentation of algorithms in a modern high-level structured programming language.
- To provide an understanding of the principles, organization and design of file processing and database management systems.
- To provide an understanding of computer organization, computer architecture, operating systems, information structures, and the design and organization of programming languages.
- To develop oral and written communication proficiency.
- To develop the ability to work cooperatively as members of a team on a software development project.
- To provide additional knowledge in one area of emphasis involving technical/scientific or commercial applications.